Best Roast Turkey and Apple Pie Recipes You Can Prepare In Easy Steps
Thanksgiving is all about recognizing all of one’s blessings and sharing a nicely prepared meal with family and friends. It…
Thanksgiving is all about recognizing all of one’s blessings and sharing a nicely prepared meal with family and friends. It is one of the favorite holidays in America that is celebrated with the utmost joy and happiness and brings an opportunity for people around the world to unite with their families and loved ones on a single table.
For many people preparing meals and helping others adds more to their celebrations. These guys help people to prepare an entire meal or prepare the ingredients that can further be added to the meal if they are alone, lack expertise to prepare a certain meal, or are on a tight schedule for any reason. Apart from that, there are a lot of recipes available on the internet and you can use Xfinity internet deals that offer high-speeds and affordability to users at the same time. Let’s have a look at some traditional Thanksgiving meals that you can have on your menu:
Roast Turkey is one of the traditional food items on the menu on Thanksgiving for generations. It is so popular that it has become a symbol of Thanksgiving for many people. Here is how you can prepare your roast Turkey.
- Place the rack to the lower third level of the oven and preheat the oven to around 450°.
- You can dry your turkey (1 whole turkey, 12-14 lb with the neck and the giblets removed). Use paper towels for this.
- Season the cavity properly with salt (kosher salt and pepper (freshly ground) and stuff it with onion (1, cut into wedges), thyme (1 bunch), rosemary (handful), sage (small handful) and garlic (cut into halves crosswise).
- Tie the legs of the turkey properly together using kitchen twine and tuck and make sure the wing tips of the turkey are under the body.
- Brush the butter (melted, ½ cup) and season with salt and pepper
- Place the turkey breast side up on a roasting rack in a large pan that is supposed to go inside the oven for further processing.
- Pour the chicken broth (2 cups) into the pan and transfer it to the oven and reduce the heat that was 450⁰ to around 350⁰.
- Baste the turkey every 30 to 45 minutes with the juices in the pan and roast the turkey for around 3 to 4 hours. The temperature of the meat should be around 165⁰ at this point.
- Cover the cooked turkey using aluminum foil and let it rest for 20 minutes before you carve it.
Apple Pie is one of America’s traditional desserts that is loved by everybody. This is why it is part of the menu on Thanksgiving and we are going to help you prepare the best Apple Pie for your loved ones on Thanksgiving. The recipe is divided into recipe and directions for the crust and then recipe and directions for the filling. So here it goes
- For the crust, you need to place the flour (3 cups, all-purpose) and butter (1 cup, cut into 1/2″ pieces) in the freezer for around 30 minutes before you start processing your Apple Pie crust
- Use a large food processor salt (kosher salt), pulse flour and sugar (2 tbsp. granulated) until they are combined
- Add butter and pulse until they become pea-sized and becomes a larger piece.
- Run the machine and add vinegar (1 tbsp), ice water (8 tbsp or more as per your need) into the feed tube 1 tbsp at a time until your dough starts to combine together and is moist. Make sure it is not wet and sticky. This mixture will look like crumbles
- Turn the dough on the flat surface which has flour on it.
- Form 2 equal size balls and flatten into the disks without any cracks
- Cover this with a plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator until the dough becomes cold.
- On a slightly floured surface, roll out one of the discs of dough in a 12” circle and drape over the pie dish
- Gently press it so that it fits the dish but do not stretch it
- Freeze it for 10 minutes
To make the filling take a large bowl and place apple slices (3 1/2 lb. assorted apples that are cored and peeled and cut into thin slices) along with lemon juice (2 tbsp, fresh), sugar ( 2/3 cups granulated), vanilla (1/2 tsp. pure extract), cinnamon (1 tsp. ground) and salt (1/4 tsp kosher salt) and combine all of these
Transfer the mixture into the crust-lined pie dish and dot it all over using butter (2 tbsp. cut into small pieces)
- To assemble and bake the pie you need to preheat the oven to around 425º using a large-sized baking sheet on the middle-level rack and
- Grease a 9”-x-1.5” pie dish using cooking spray
- Using the second disc of dough roll it out into a 12” circle shape
- Drape it over the apple filling and trim the edges to 1”
- Tuck the overhang part over to itself and crimp the edges
- Brush it using the egg wash (made of 1beaten egg and 1 tbsp. water for the egg wash)
- Make around 6 slots of 2” in the center
- Sprinkle the coarse sugar
- Place the pie in the preheated baking sheet
- Bake for around 20 minutes until it becomes golden and bubbly
- Let it cool down on a wire rack for atleast 2 hours before getting it to serve
You can try out these amazing Apple Pie and Roast Turkey recipes in an easy way. All you need to do is get the required ingredients and use the right quantities. Enjoy the best food and share laughter with your family and friends. Thanksgiving is not only about food but it is about sharing and caring for one another. So celebrate Thanksgiving with love and peace this year and practice social distancing at all times